So as you know, I made a rhubarb simple syrup the other day, which turned out all well and good.
But then I decided I wanted to use the simple syrup to make drinks. Alcoholic drinks. Because what else are you gonna do on a Thursday at 2pm? It really seemed like a very appropriate time to attempt some new cocktail recipes for the blog.
Except it was pretty disappointing and most my the cocktail recipes FAILED. I choke under pressure and this was one of those times, I suppose.
So, now it’s 7pm, I’m a little bit tipsy, and after many an attempt I think I finally have a cocktail to share with everyone!
Behold!!! The marvelous strawberry rhubarb spritzer! Ain’t she a beauty?
- 4 parts rhubarb simple syrup
- 1 part vodka (or more if you wanna get crazy!)
- 4 parts sparkling water (flavored or unflavored, you decide!)
- 3 strawberries, chopped
- Add ice to glass so that it is half full. Place simple syrup and vodka over ice and fill remainder of the glass with sparkling water.
- Stir with spoon to mix and garnish with fresh or frozen strawberries.